Florida State University’s Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) is here to help students in recovery thrive during their college experience. Our goal is to provide a place for accountability within a healthy community and a place to have fun, socialize, and develop friendships with like-minded students.
What Is A Collegiate Recovery Community?
- A safe haven for recovering students to escape the stress and pressures of campus life.
- A place for accountability within a clean and healthy community.
- A place to have fun, socialize, and develop friendships with like-minded students.
- An opportunity to continue your higher education while also enhancing your recovery program.
Why is being apart of A Collegiate Recovery Community Important?
- Studies have shown that Students who are part of active collegiate recovery programs have significantly less danger of substance use relapse than those who do not.
- Up to 95% of students who take an active part in leading or participating in a Collegiate Recovery Community go on to maintain their recovery while attending college or university.
Who Can Participate?
Anyone who is looking to build a sober community is invited! Collegiate Recovery programs are made up of students in recovery and students who want to participate in a fun, supportive environment while remaining sober. All registered FSU students and staff are welcome!
Where can you find FSU’s Collegiate Recovery Community?
Our first interest meeting will be November 12th at 6pm in room 2500 located outside of the Health and Wellness building! We are currently in the beginning stages of drafting this organization. We would love your support and ideas.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We would be delighted to speak with you and discuss getting involved with our growing community.
Study Hall Events
December 6 & 7
2pm – 6pm
Located outside of the Health Center
Come join us as we prepare for finals week! This is a great opportunity to network with others before we begin spring semester meetings. Light refreshments will be provided, everyone is welcome!