Check out the following online resources that promote health and wellness. Stay up to date on CHAW happenings through @fsuchaw on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Connect with CHAW Online
Are you looking for a space that you can blow off some steam and share concerns with other students? The Center for Health Advocacy & Wellness is offering an online space for students to discuss concerns with each other, no matter the topic.
Keep in mind:
- This is not counseling.
- This is not therapy.
- This is not clinical.
- This is not required.
- for those struggling with stress & anxieties, using other things to cope and mask their anxieties.
- for those looking for peer support, help with addictions and keep each other accountable.
- a space to laugh, cry, vent, complain, and share about yourself…not to attack each other.
- voluntary and is for students only.
The virtual drop in space will be Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2 PM to 3 PM.
CHAW Virtual Drop-In Space
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 962 1099 1785
The Center for Health Advocacy & Wellness is committed to ensuring the overall Health and Wellness of Florida State University students. If you have any questions regarding this offering or any of our programs, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Tobacco Free Florida
- Tobacco Free Florida has online resources to help you quit tobacco.
- ECHECKUP To GO is a brief, anonymous survey designed to assist students in determining whether their substance use results in low, moderate, or high risk to their health. The aim is to reduce risky behaviors and potential harmful consequences. After you receive your results, you can contact CHAW to speak to a peer educator if you like. Services provided through eCHECKUP are non-judgmental, non-labeling, and private.
No password needed but just in case you are calling in, here is the Meeting ID, Password, and Mobile Number:
(Meeting ID: 442 213 026 Password: 931172 One tap mobile +16468769923,,442213026# US (New York))
- Savvy Seminole Cookbook
- Check out our Savvy Seminole Cookbook full of healthy recipes for one or two servings.
- Intuitive Eating
- Intuitive eating is an approach that allows you to create a healthy relationship with food, mind, and body. It helps you make peace with food and prevents the categorization of "good" and "bad" foods.
- One Love
- Healthy relationships are foundational for everyday like. Check out OneLove for tips, signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships and content to help to help promote healthy relationships in your community.
- KNOw MORE FSU
- Relationships can be difficult to navigate. Some may be struggling with them more while social distancing at home. FSU has resources available for you. Check out kNOw MORE for information of resources, support, and prevention.
- KNOw MORE Student Advisory Board
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Stay connected with the kNOw MORE Student Advisory Board and learn how you can get involved from the comfort of your own home!
- Follow @fsuknowmoresab on Instagram.
- FSU Green Dot
- Still doing Green Dots from home? Let us know by adding them to the FSU Green Dot interactive map!
- Follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @fsugreendot
- Sexual Health Assessment
- This brief assessment will evaluate your sexual health behaviors and give recommendations on how to improve your sexual health. It is completely anonymous and voluntary.
- General Sexual Health Question
- Scarleteen is an inclusive, comprehensive, sexuality and relationship website with tons of great information.
- Birth Control
- Want to learn more about birth control? Check out Bedsider and explore your options.
Wellness Apps We Love
- Insight Timer provides free mediations for different types of situations. Need a 1-minute breathing exercise before taking a final exam? Want a 10-minute meditation to help you fall asleep? Insight timer is the app for you!
Circle of 6
- Circle of 6 is a great app to download before going out with friends, walking across town, or going on a date. You can pre-select 6 people to contact if you need of help.
- Offtime allows you to designate ways to disconnect from apps on your phone allowing you to focus on what is most important.
- Focus Keeper is a simple app that allows you to set times to complete your tasks. The timer includes built in breaks for relaxing.
- Plant Nanny combines health with fun to remind you to drink water regularly. The cute plant keeps you company every day by living in your phone. In order to keep it alive and help it grow, you must give it water at certain periods of time.
White Noise Lite
- White Noise Lite has a sound catalog featuring hundreds of background sounds for you to listen to while you sleep or study.
- Have a habit of hitting the snooze button? Alarmy allows you to set a task that needs to be completed before you can turn your alarm off. The task can include solving a math problem, taking a picture of something outside your bedroom, or shaking your phone to the beat of a song.
Rainy Mood Lite
- Rainy Mood Lite has hundreds of rain noises you can play to help you relax.
- Calm is a meditation app that has sleep stories, anxiety meditations, and calming playlist.
- Headspace provides guided meditations aimed at tackling problems related to anxiety, sleeplessness, and relationships.
- iStudiez Pro is the ultimate planning app that allows you to create a single calendar that syncs your schedule, to do list, and progress on assignments.
The Science of Well-Being
- In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. This online professional development course is offered by Yale. Enroll for free, here.