If you are over the age of 21 and choose to drink alcohol, make smart choices and utilize the protective strategies below to assist you:
- Alternate non-alcoholic with alcoholic beverages and no more than one drink per hour.
- Designate a sober driver or identify one of FSU’s safe transportation options from the list below:
Company Phone Hours Misc S.A.F.E Connection 850-644-SAFE (7233) 7 days a week / 7:00PM - 2:30AM Travel around campus at night Nole Cab 850-999-9999 7 days a week / 10:00PM - 4:00AM Up to 4 students /up to 2 stops / 1 Student must present FSUCard Nite Nole Monday – Saturday / 10:30PM - 3:00AM Bus route Yellow Cab Taxi 850-999-9999 7 days a week / 24 hours Full service cab company
- Watch who makes your drink, and keep it in your possession at all times.
- Avoid pre-gaming, chugging, dares and drinking games.
- Set a limit on how many drinks you are going to have and stick to it.
- Eat before and/or during drinking.
- Keep track of your drinks.
- Do not mix alcohol with other substances.
- Do not drink alcohol with stimulants such as Red Bull.
- Know the signs of alcohol poisoning and do not be afraid to call for medical assistance if needed.